The statutory guidance ' Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 ' published by HM Government reminds us that children can be abused or exploited in many different ways. Professionals need to be able to respond to young people’s experiences of significant harm beyond their families as well as harm within their families. Please follow the link below to the guidance
We can deliver CPD Certified training courses that help to address these issues
"The Headmaster and Governors are really pleased that we have so many Pastoral staff now trained by you and I can already see the difference coming through in people's confidence and awareness when dealing with welfare issues"
“It made a real difference to have training that was tailored to our needs as counsellors working with young people, helping us to identify the times when we need to be concerned, even when children are unable to say directly what is happening to them, and how we can best enable them to get the help they need.
It was an interesting and productive day, and I think will have made a real contribution to our ability to work safely”
"Using the risk assessment grid, fanstastic way to analyse prior to referral. I've been in this role for 10 years and it's the first time I have seen it"
Tony is a retired Wiltshire Police Officer of 31 years experience. He spent 20 years investigating child abuse and neglect and managed the Child Abuse Investigation Team in Salisbury for 5 years. He is also qualified to teach adults and went on to lead, develop and deliver the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Children Training Programme for Wiltshire Safeguarding Children Board. (WSCB).
Please see details of courses at the bottom on the page. Tony can also come to your venue. This will reduce your costs for training and enable more staff to be trained at the same time. If you do not have enough delegates why not host the training and invite other Nurseries or Schools?
Awareness level Child Protection· *Foundation Level Child Protection · *Advanced level Child Protection for Safeguarding Leads · Child Sexual Exploitation · Sexualised Behaviours . Neglect . The Prevent Duty . Bespoke Child Protection Courses on request. *Foundation and Advanced courses are CPD certified!
A one-day course suitable for all people that work with children and young people.
· Understand how abuse and neglect can occur and be able to identify possible indicators
· Recognise the importance of preventing abuse and neglect by intervening at the earliest opportunity
· Understand the multi-agency context of safeguarding and child protection and the importance of working together
· Know how to respond appropriately to safeguarding and child protection concerns
A one-day course specifically designed for all Safeguarding Leads, their deputies or staff who support those roles
· Understand and explore your role and responsibilities with regards to safeguarding and child protection
· Recognise the difference between a child in need and a child in need of protection
· Understand safeguarding thresholds and how they are applied in practice
· Have confidence in the assessment and analysis of need and risk
· Understand the importance of effective multi agency working
· Know where where to find local practice guidance
Sign up to hear from us about new training courses